Discord Relay Chat
(It’s an IRC client using Discord as the frontend.)
Talk about it:
What it does well
- Multiple server connections
- Extensibility & expandability
- Stability & resource consumption
- Mentions & hilite tracking
- Alias & kick/ban tracking
- Logging with extremely powerful query & retrieval
- Nick/ident/hostname deep tracking & cross-referencing
- TLS/SSL & SASL (including EXTERNAL)
- Taking notes about channels and nicks
- ChatGPT integration!
- Plays Zork!
- Allows emoji reactions on messages to
- Easy-to-use, comfortable UI accessible from any machine… because it’s Discord!
- Even has a CLI built with
blessedfor when you can’t get to Discord, and ‘cus why not!?
What it does not do well
- Consistent structures for IPC messaging (it’s a hobby project, sue me)
- Resyncing when the bot stays up but the bridge goes down
- Reconnecting when force-disconnected
- Clean code (it’s a hobby project, sue me)
- Comprehensive documentation (the source code is documentation!)
What it does not do at all (yet…)
- Operator commands
- User mode commands (in the works)